The Best Cars of 2009

Monday, January 19, 2009

The auto industry has obviously been hit hard in the recent months. With a new man in charge maybe some of that will change. As it currently stands however, things suck. So to try and shed a brighter light on the auto industry, we will take a look at the top cars in 2009 from consumerreports.org. Best in class: Family-friendly vehicles. If you have a family and need a car I took a look at the Honda Accord and the Subaru Forester for a number of reasons. Check 'em out.

FAMILY SEDAN - HONDA ACCORD
My first year of college I drove around a VW Jetta. After school was done I moved to Virginia to do summer sales and drove that thing all the way across country. Everything was going great. I loved that car. It got great gas mileage, it had no problems internally, and although it was as coupe, I fit in it quite comfortably. This was great until one day I got T-Boned by a Ford F150 doing 45 in a 25 and totaled the Black Beauty. After that I bought my first foreign car. It was an '02 Honda Accord. It was a great car for me then and still seems to be as it is #1 in the FAMILY SEDAN category. If you're thinking about buying a car and want something reliable, efficient, and fits your small family this is definitely the way to go. The 4 cylinder gets about 23 mpg compared to the V6 that gets about 21. This car will definitely hold its value down the road.

AFFORDABLE SUV - SUBARU FORESTER
Growing up in Utah I saw tons of young families with at least 3 children. With that said, I also saw tons of Minivans and Foresters. Since the minivan really isn't my style I am highlighting the Forester. According to consumer reports:
The Forester has always been a sensible, practical, and affordable vehicle, and the redesigned 2009 model is even better. It also has a roomier rear seat, standard curtain air bags and electronic stability control, and improved interior quality. The base engine is an adequate 2.5-liter four-cylinder, delivering 22 mpg with an automatic and 24 mpg with a notchy manual transmission.
So if you've got some littles running around your house and need a good affordable SUV, this one is #1. Especially since it ranks #1 in fuel efficiency for SMALL SUV'S as well.

Tomorrow we will take a look at fuel efficiency. And if you are thinking about getting a car make sure to head to Eastern Motors. You can find a location at www.easterns.com